You Need An Advocate
The criminal justice system is very civilized. Suits and ties, robes and organized procedures can all mislead from the true reality of what’s going on. This is a fight. If you have been charged with driving under the influence (DUI), you are in the fight of your life. And it is not the type of fight you can win without knowledge and experience on your side. You need a lawyer who will fight for you. You need an advocate.
At Welch Law Firm in Northern California, we are experienced advocates for clients facing DUI charges. Our lead attorney, Dominick R. Welch, has been handling DUI claims since 2012, and our entire team works together to fight for our clients and get them the results they need.
Challenging The Charges
Even if you took a breath test and you know you were driving under the influence, there is still hope. With every case we handle, we look into all the possible options for getting the case dismissed or at least reducing the charges.
We will look at all the records to find evidence of:
- Improper stops: The police need a good reason to pull someone over. Random checkpoints for drunk drivers and stops without cause are not allowed. If the police stopped you without probable cause, it could result in the case being dismissed.
- Conduct violations: During a traffic stop, there are strict rules that the police have to follow. If they violate these regulations, it could be a benefit to your case.
- Outside factors: There are often circumstances that make someone appear intoxicated when they are not. Certain illnesses or conditions can cause this effect. Another example is certain foods or bubble gum can trigger the breath test to give a higher reading than the reality of the amount of alcohol in your system.
- Failure to read your rights: This is the most basic one of all. If the police arrest you without giving you your Miranda rights (“you have the right to remain silent,” etc.), it could nullify the evidence against you.
- Faulty breath and blood tests: The machines used to test blood and breath for alcohol content are not perfect. We have the knowledge to uncover errors or problems with the machines to help our clients.
These are just a few of the things we can attack when defending you against DUI charges. And, even in cases where we can’t get charges dismissed, we are often able to work with our clients and the court to find treatment programs and other alternatives to incarceration. We will fight to keep your driving privileges as well.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer In A Free Consultation
Time is of the essence. After a DUI arrest, you only have 10 days to fight to keep your license. In addition, the sooner you get a lawyer helping you with your criminal defense, the better. Call us today at 916-252-9920 or email us to schedule a consultation.